Peppermint Crisp Tart
This iconic South African dessert needs no introduction! It’s the perfect end to a braai or a lovely addition to a festive spread.
2 cups (500ml) fresh cream
2 cans (360g each) Nestle Caramel Treat
2 packets (200g each) Bakers Tennis Biscuits
2 large Peppermint Crisp chocolates, crushed
- Whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Beat the Caramel Treat to loosen it, and then fold it through the cream.
- Create alternate layers of the biscuits, cream mixture and crushed Peppermint Crisp in a large rectangular baking dish, finishing with a layer of the cream mixture and a sprinkle of Peppermint Crisp.
- Refrigerate until set, ideally overnight so that the biscuits can soften.
- Make individual servings by using glasses instead of a large dish.
- Ring the changes and use Mint Choc Tennis Biscuits instead of the original flavour.