A lunch box favourite. These muffins are high in fibre and taste great either plain, with raisins, carrot or apple.
- 200g soft Brown Sugar (1 c)
- 125ml Sunflower Oil (½ c)
- 2 extra-large (700g) Eggs
- 5ml Salt
- 70g Bran (2 c)
- 500ml Milk (2 c)
- 10ml Bicarbonate of Soda (2 t)
- 325g whole-wheat Flour (2 ½ c)
- Optional: 150g seedless Raisins; grated carrots or apple
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees
- Lightly grease 24 muffin cups
- Dissolve Bicarbonate of Soda in the Milk
- Beat Brown Sugar, Sunflower Oil, Eggs and Salt very well
- Stir in the Milk mixture, Bran and Raisins
- Add Flour and stir till just mixed
- Fill the muffin cups about two-thirds full of batter
- Bake for about 20 minutes until slightly browned on top
- Turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
The milk can be substituted for Ceres Fruit juice – both Pomegranate and Lime; Pear and Apple; Cranberry and Kiwi; Secrets of the Valley or simply cold brewed Coffee.