2 slices bread
1 large onion, chopped
650g mince meat
2 cloves garlic, chopped
20g mild curry powder
10ml turmeric powder
20g tomato paste
150g dried apricots, chopped 80ml chutney
10ml worcester sauce
200g chopped tomato
3 jumbo eggs
4/6 lemon leaves
- Soak the bread in the milk.
- Sauté the onion in a little oil until glossy. Turn up the heat and add the mince to brown. Add the garlic, curry powder, turmeric and tomato paste, and cook until fragrant.
- Drain the bread, reserving the milk, and add it to the mince with the apricots, chutney, worcester sauce and chopped tomato. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mince mixture to one big serving dish or to 4/6 small individual ramekins. Smooth the surface.
- Beat the egg with the reserved milk and pour it over the mince mixture.
- Place the lemon leaves on the top and then bake for 25 minutes or until the egg has set.